Teach to the heart and grow positively together
"I have nothing but high praise for the School Kids Yoga course. I felt equipped to immediately implement strategies that students can use to keep focused, build comprehension, and problem-solve effectively. As a middle school teacher, many of my students face extreme challenges. I have seen great results from my students in the classroom and in their personal relations. I highly recommend that teachers take this course for the benefit of themselves and their students!"
- Andrea B., Middle School Teacher
This training course is perfect for beginners of yoga and meditation, as well as, all levels of practice. All are warmly welcome with no prior yoga experience required. Rest assured, the SCHOOL Kids Yoga methods are easily relatable and expertly designed over 16 years for the public or private classroom setting.
Registrants must be currently employed as a K-12 teacher in LAUSD to receive salary point status. The in-person course provides one salary point. Teachers, therapists, social workers, or youth education professionals who wish to take the SCHOOL Training anywhere in the U.S. or global community can apply for the ONLINE course. The online course is not eligible for salary point status and does not require homework submission. Both the in-person and online courses cover the same topics, including those outlined here.
- Teacher Professional Development
- Classroom Management Tools
- Methods to Support Teacher's Well-being
- Common Core, Health & PE Standards
- Memorable Philosophy & Inclusive Language
- Strategies to Enhance Academic Achievement
- Postures/movements Appropriate for Classrooms
- Meditation Appropriate for Classrooms
- Mindfulness Techniques
- Movement Based Learning Techniques
- Anatomy & Body Systems Benefits
- Storytelling Techniques
IN-PERSON COURSE - SCHOlarship Rate $99
Regular rate of $200 is supplemented by a grant from the LA Dodgers Foundation for LAUSD teachers in Title 1 schools.
The In-Person SCHOOL Kids Yoga teacher training course is designed for K-12 educators within LAUSD. The In-Person course is approved by the LAUSD Salary Point Committee for 1 Salary Point.
- Lecture by expert Kids Yoga Teacher, Kelly Wood
- SCHOOL Training Manual
- Recommended Reading Sources
- 15 Hours lecture/practicum in-person
- Up to 30 Hours reflections/teaching/scripting on your own
- Certificate of Completion
74 South San Gabriel Boulevard
Pasadena, CA 91107